Privacy StatementThis statement sets out the policy of Stamford Land Corporation and its related entities (“Stamford”) for the collection, storage, access and use of personal information. Stamford takes your privacy seriously and is committed to complying with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and the information privacy principles.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
Information that Stamford collects
As part of our business we may collect certain information about users of our website:
- Personal Information: Stamford may collect personal information by way of electronic and hard copy enquiry forms, questionnaires, comment cards and marketing campaigns. Providing this information will always be optional. However, if you do not provide personal information where requested, you will not be able to access information or sections of this website that require the provision of such information
- Aggregated Data: This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic on our website. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to personal information provided by you
What Stamford does with the personal informationThe purpose for collecting this information is to enable us to provide the best possible service to you and to monitor usage of this website. As such, we may use the information provided by you for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our website services
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To inform you of possible matters of interest
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we may undertake
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission
Who Stamford shares this information withStamford will not share information collected with any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. However, we will have agreements with the service provider to protect the information from any unauthorised use
- The aggregated data (not the personal information) may be shared with third parties such as business partners and advertisers
- Your personal information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose by law
- If we have asked for your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties
We will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access or disclosure. Furthermore, we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
CookiesA cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our website. A cookie does not provide us with any personal information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our website from.
With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our website
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
- Allow you to enter certain member services without having to log in each time you visit